1. Whatsoever is in the heavens and whatsoever is on the earth glorifies All‚h. His is the dominion, and to Him belong all the praises and thanks, and He is Able to do all things.
2. He it is Who created you, then some of you are disbelievers and some of you are believers. And All‚h is All-Seer of what you do.
3. He has created the heavens and the earth with truth, and He shaped you and made good your shapes, and to Him is the final Return.
4. He knows what is in the heavens and on earth, and He knows what you conceal and what you reveal. And All‚h is the All-Knower of what is in the breasts (of men).
5. Has not the news reached you of those who disbelieved aforetime? And so they tasted the evil result of their disbelief, and theirs will be a painful torment.
6. That was because there came to them their Messengers with clear proofs (signs), but they said: "Shall mere men guide us?" So they disbelieved and turned away (from the truth), and All‚h was not in need (of them). And All‚h is Rich (Free of all wants), Worthy of all praise.
7. The disbelievers pretend that they will never be resurrected (for the Account). Say (O Muhammad ): "Yes! By my Lord, you will certainly be resurrected, then you will be informed of (and recompensed for) what you did, and that is easy for All‚h.
8. Therefore, believe in All‚h and His Messenger (Muhammad ), and in the Light (this Qur'‚n) which We have sent down. And All‚h is All-Aware of what you do.
9. (And remember) the Day when He will gather you (all) on the Day of Gathering, that will be the Day of mutual loss and gain (i.e. loss for the disbelievers as they will enter the Hell-fire and gain for the believers as they will enter Paradise). And whosoever believes in All‚h and performs righteous good deeds, He will remit from him his sins, and will admit him to Gardens under which rivers flow (Paradise) to dwell therein forever, that will be the great success.
10. But those who disbelieved (in the Oneness of All‚h - Isl‚mic Monotheism) and denied Our Ay‚t (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.), they will be the dwellers of the Fire, to dwell therein forever. And worst indeed is that destination.
11. No calamity befalls, but with the Leave [i.e. decision and Qadar (Divine Preordainments)] of All‚h, and whosoever believes in All‚h, He guides his heart [to the true Faith with certainty, i.e. what has befallen him was already written for him by All‚h from the Qadar (Divine Preordainments)], and All‚h is the All-Knower of everything.
12. Obey All‚h, and obey the Messenger (Muhammad ), but if you turn away, then the duty of Our Messenger is only to convey (the Message) clearly.
13. All‚h! L‚ il‚ha illa Huwa (none has the right to be worshipped but He), and in All‚h (Alone), therefore, let the believers put their trust.
14. O you who believe! Verily, among your wives and your children there are enemies for you (i.e. may stop you from the obedience of All‚h), therefore beware of them! But if you pardon (them) and overlook, and forgive (their faults), then verily, All‚h is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.
15. Your wealth and your children are only a trial, whereas All‚h! With Him is a great reward (Paradise).
16. So keep your duty to All‚h and fear Him as much as you can; listen and obey; and spend in charity, that is better for yourselves. And whosoever is saved from his own covetousness, then they are the successful ones.
17. If you lend to All‚h a goodly loan (i.e. spend in All‚h's Cause) He will double it for you, and will forgive you. And All‚h is Most Ready to appreciate and to reward, Most Forbearing,
18. All-Knower of the unseen and seen, the All-Mighty, the All-Wise.